TTMBC (Temporary Traffic Management Basic Course)
Start Date: 07/12/2018 - End Date: 07/12/2018
On completion of this course learners will:
• Be aware of the relevant codes of practice and other associated documentation when involved in traffic management
• Be aware of National Highway Sector Schemes
• Understand the QA process and NHSS documents
• Be aware of the different types of roads across the UK road network
• Be aware of which roads / works are covered by which NHSS document
• Be aware of the different classifications of “road users” i.e. pedestrians, horse riders, cyclists etc
• Understand the different terminology used in the Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) industry in relation to different roads
• Understand the process(es) required to become a qualified Operative and obtain a skills registration card, plus ongoing training to Supervisor level
• Be aware of Health and Safety requirements including risk assessments and method statements
• Have an understanding of the variety of TTM equipment and the basic principles of its use
• Understand what constitutes a safety zone
• Be aware of the general PPE requirements
• Understand crossing the carriageway HSE CIS53
• Be aware of the different types of vehicles used in TTM and where they are used
• Understand the environment where learners are expected to work
• Be aware of the safe way to enter / exit a site
• Be aware of the need to maintain sites, and what is involved
• Know how to deal with accidents and emergencies within the works area.
Course leads to the issue of an NHSS12 TM CSCS Red Card.
The TTMBC is valid for 6 months, during which time candidates are expected to attend further operative training for either Sector Schemes 12AB, 12C or 12D.
For all persons starting work for the first time in the temporary traffic management industry, and for those persons that do not hold any current NHSS12ABCD registration cards or certificates