We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and that we comply with current legislation (GDPR). Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or business services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information on the legal basis of Legitimate Interest or where required by Contract:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as addresses and postcodes
- other relevant information from time to time as directed by other parties with a legitimate interest (eg. Awarding Organisations that certificate the qualifications that we offer)
How we collect information
- basic information through this website
- through normal business activities
- by completing various forms during the course of delivering our services
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To enable certification for training qualifications to be produced and issued
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We will only contact you using the details you provide for reasons directly relating to the services that you have received from us
- We will never use your information to contact you for market research purposes
- Your personal data will never be released or sold to third parties for marketing purposes
- Your data will be shared with organisations and agencies that have a legitimate interest or those that we are contractually obliged to share your data with in connection with the services that you have received.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect both online and through other means.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How long will we keep your information
Your information will only be kept for as long as our legitimate interests or contractual arrangements require it to be. Mandatory periods of retention vary between the different Awarding Organisations that we work with so we are contractually bound to comply with these requirements.
When we no longer require your information we will delete any instances from our various electronic storage systems and use a secure service to destroy any paper based records when required.
Your rights and contact details
Under the GDPR you have various rights, including but not limited to the Right to Rectification, Right to Erasure, Right to Object, Right to Restrict Processing and the Right to Data Portability (full details of these rights are available from the Information Commisioners Office – www.ico.org.uk).
Should you wish to contact us with regard to any of the rights allowed to you under the GDPR please contact us by email to GDPR@tqexel.co.uk using the subject line Subject Access Request or by post, marking your letter for the attention of The Data Controller at:
TQ Exel Ltd, Unit 8 Mendip Business Park, Mendip Road, Rooksbridge, Somerset, BS26 2UG
Please note that the GDPR sets out exceptions to these rights. If we are unable to comply with your request due to an exception we will explain this to you in our response to your request.
Changes to our Policy