The open course offered by TQ Exel is 5 Days and comprises Units 001 to 007 plus 009. Registration with SWQR is available for various other combinations of Units as listed below and attendance can be reduced to suit individual requirements.
Complex 01 – Excavating in the highway.
Comprising of units 001,002 and 003.
Complex 02 – Excavating, backfill and cold-lay reinstatement.
Comprising of units 001,002,003,004,005 and 006.
Complex 03 – Reinstatement of hot and cold lay bituminous materials.
Comprising of units 001,002,006 and 007.
Complex 04 – Reinstatement of concrete slab.
Comprising of units 001,002 and 008.
Complex 05 – Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
Comprising of units 001,002 and 009.
Complex 06 – Signing, Lighting & Guarding
Comprising of unit 002.
At the end of the full course the Candidate SHOULD:
- Be aware of the training and assessment process for a Streetworks Operative under this City & Guilds 6156 scheme.
- Be aware of the Health and Safety legislation and their obligations under this Act.
- Be aware of safe working practices and methods.
- Be aware of reference documentation used within the Highways Industry.
- Be able to carry out Streetworks to the standards set down in the Act.
- Be able to use hand and power tools for the purpose of such works, including Portable Traffic Signal Systems.
- Be able to read and understand site plans for the purpose of identifying underground / overhead apparatus.
- Be able to use locating equipment for the purpose of detecting underground apparatus.
- Be able to set up a site to protect workers and members of the public.
City and Guilds Certification leading to registration with the Street Works Qualifications Register (SWQR)