SECTOR SCHEME 12A/B FOREMAN COURSE
Is the recognised qualification for a TM Foreman as defined in Sector Scheme 12AB.
A TM Foreman is qualified to oversee the implementation Temporary Traffic Management on Motorways and Dual Carriageways (above 50mph). The qualification covers both standard works or works where relaxations apply as detailed in Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual.
A two-day training course, held off-site for a maximum of 8 candidates.
On completion of the course the trainee MUST be able to:-
- Work out the traffic management layout required to facilitate access to a given works area.
- Work out the distances required for a range of traffic management layouts.
- Calculate the amount of equipment required for a given traffic management layout.
- Assess the standard of equipment that is acceptable to use.
They should have an understanding of:-
- The planning required for standard works and works where relaxations apply.
- The different types of temporary markings that are used.
- The methods of constructing complex TM installations (including gated contra-flow systems).
- How temporary lane closures are used in conjunction TM installations.
- Compulsory question paper (written)
- 90 minutes allowed
- Pass mark of 75%
Who Should Attend
Qualified 12A/B Operatives with sufficient experience wishing to upgrade to TM Foreman. Those with sufficient experience who need to obtain TSCO status (other pre-requisite qualifications are required)